My workshops are a series of group meetings that are designed to explore challenges the participants may be facing and then identify appropriate solutions by partaking in discussions and activities. The workshops are based on specific subjects or as requested by the participants. I provide educational materials, and I use evidence-based techniques and skills from Psychology, Neuroscience, and Yoga Philosophy to enable the participants to gain a better understanding of their personal and professional lives and how to control them. The participants learn practical tools to self-evaluate, skills to manage challenges, mindfulness-based stress reduction and relaxation techniques, and the ability to achieve a sense of contentment and overall happiness. The workshops last one to two hours.
Some of my workshop topics are:
- Stress and anxiety management
- Compassion Fatigue
- Trauma and Secondary Trauma
- Self-awareness for exploring our potential
- Balancing life and work
- Positive Psychology and how it benefits personal/professional lives
- Emotional intelligence and its importance in today’s world
- Anger management
- Happiness by connecting the mind, body, and spirit
For upcoming workshops check out the Events Calendar page.
Depending on the nature of the retreat, it can be a half day (indoor) or a full day (outdoor). Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in various Holistic activities, which may include but are not limited to meditations, mindfulness/self-reflecting exercises, basic Yoga stretches, lectures, group discussions, Q & A sessions, and healthy eating.
Indoor Retreat includes:
- Introduction/ice-breaker activity
- Basic Yoga stretches
- Theme-based group discussion
- Lunch socializing
- Silent self-reflection
- Discussion about planning and achieving goals
- Q & A
Outdoor Retreat includes activities that are similar to those incorporated at Indoor Retreat but in an outdoor setting (e.g. hiking, horticulture, beach and bonfire discussions, morning beach meditation and relaxation, candlelight discussions, and more).
- Brief quiet time and introduction
- Theme-based lecture and discussion
- Q & A
- Relaxation activity and meditation
- Holistic living workshops that include Stress Management, Exploring Your Potential, and Self-Growth, or as per the client’s request
- Weekly Holistic living sessions
- Guest speaking for your organization
- Holistic living or other theme-based retreats